Monday, August 31, 2009

Stephen Jackson Demands Trade


Stephen Jackson wants to leave the Golden State Warriors to play for Cleveland, where he can contend for a championship, or a team in Texas, or the New York Knicks.

"I want to be in a situation where I can get a ring," Jackson told Dime (diet Slam) magazine.  No word on how New York plays into that unless he is anticipating LeBron signing there.

This is, of course, the same Stephen Jackson who left the Spurs after being an integral part of their 2003 championship team to sign with the Atlanta Hawks, a team coming off a 35 win season.  And the same Stephen Jackson who jointed the sixty-win Pacers in a sign and trade and joined in a melee in his seventh game of the season in the famous bloodbath at Auburn Hills.

Call me skeptical, but I have a feeling I know what's really going on, and that's a little thorn in Stephen's side.

No comments: